Farewell, Reese

Hey guys! Today my post is all about Reese! I hope you enjoy...if you need me I’ll be crying all summer long! Ha!

Last summer in July, Reese was welcomed into our neighborhood. We were so excited to have a new friend, and a new part of our little group! We started school, and got to about September...then she broke the news. Her dad was going to get an interview, and maybe get a new job. The job he was trying to get was in Texas! Texas! That is twelve hours away! Man, how were we going to get to see her! There was still hope, although we knew the job was probably the perfect fit for him. We waited. Waited. Then he got the call. He got the job! We were happy, though sad. It was kind of bittersweet! We love Reese, and we are going to miss her so much! I am losing my best friend. At first I wasn’t so sure about her. She was loud, and crazy. I felt like she never took a breath! She just talked, talked, and talked. If you know me, you know I am quiet, and I don’t really like to talk.  Reese was just what I needed! She spoke for me, and taught me how to share what I believe! Honestly, I wouldn’t change this last year for anything!! I am so blessed to have a friend like this! God is so good! Out of everyone in the world he chose me to be friends with Reese! Me! If you ever feel like I did, alone, sad, and have no friends, just wait. God will give you exactly what you need! I feel so blessed to have this wonderful friend! Now I’m crying! Ha! (insert me wiping tears from my eyes) Ha! Reese, we will really miss you!

Reese,
Reese. Oh Reese. I hope you have the best time in Texas! As much as I don’t want to say that, I have to. You will make new (better) friends, and meet that cowboy I am always talking about! (HaHa!!) As I think about everything we have done, I’m upset. I mean...your life will be so much fun there, although there will not be anymore memories made. Together. That’s it. We’re done after you leave. I want to think you will be coming back, and you might, although it will not be the same. You say it won’t be awkward, although it will be. (Ha!) We will all have ew inside jokes, and be even closer. We might all be closer, although you will always hold a special place in my heart! Listen, God has great plans for you! Ok? Don’t cry about going to Texas! Be happy for this new opportunity! You will basically get to start over with life! You might like our neighborhood, and you might be moving out to the middle of nowhere...but I will not forget you! Promise me you won’t forget me either! Thank you for all of the memories you have given me! I wish we could make more! (I am tears streaming down my face. Ha!) Thanks though! I wish we could have spent more time together! Love ya bestie!
    -Kate













Comments

Post a Comment